August 22, 2009

Inexpensive New Hair Products

I think it is important to rotate shampoos to prevent buildup on my hair, and I've been bored by my current shampoo and conditioner, so I decided to try something new, based on the positive reviews these products received on drugstore.com:

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather Shampoo and Daily Deep Conditioner:


I've used this shampoo and conditioner combo twice this week and so far I am very impressed with the results! My hair is mixed texture; I have some baby-fine strands as well as medium and coarse strands of hair. This really seems to moisturize my hair and keep the frizzies away. I don't plan to use these every time I wash my hair, but probably every other time. These may not be suitable for those with fine, thin or oily hair, as they would probably weigh these hair types down.

The next product I bought is an inexpensive replacement for Ojon's Leave- In Glossing Cream. I love Ojon, but one tube is $30, so in an attempt to get similar results from a more affordable product, I purchased Frizz Ease's Secret Weapon:


Secret Weapon is used on dry hair to smooth out the ends and provide a bit of shine. The scent is kind of a generic, clean scent, which I like (although it does not compare to Ojon's Leave In Glossing Cream, which smells like an Orange Creamsicle!). I am happy with this so far, and it will probably last a really long time since I don't have to use very much product. There have been a few days this week that I've been walking on the beach with my hair down, and the wind has really ravaged it! When I get home I brush my hair and apply a pea size amount of Secret Weapon and my hair is tamed again!

These are definitely worth trying. I picked up all 3 for less than $20. If you have tried them or have other inexpensive hair product recommendations, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment