August 1, 2009

Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation is Here!!!

The Matte foundation was put on display at Sephora on Friday, July 31st. Since I have used Bare Escentuals original foundation for 9 years, I was eager to try it and couldn't wait- so I had to purchase it immediately!

Price: $28 at Sephora
My Shade: Fair
My Skin Type: Sensitive combination with persistent acne.

Read below for a complete review of my experience over the last three days trying it...


The new jar is much improved as compared to the original foundation jar; there is a twist- lock sifter that prevents spillage:



The ridges provide a grip for fingers to twist the sifter to the open position for the foundation to flow through:


My Experience


Application/ Coverage/ Color:
The matte foundation doesn't provide as much coverage as the original. I used more product (probably about 50% more product) to get the same coverage as I would expect from the original foundation. I found that the color was slightly more yellow intone as compared to the original.


Wear:
The first day I wore the foundation, I used it alone (without any setting powder) and after a full day wearing it, I went on a 4 mile walk/ hike. At the end of the hike, the finish was still almost completely matte. One thing to point out is that for those who have any skin texture issues, this is a great foundation since it does not draw attention to varying textures the way a dewy foundation would. I found it slightly reduced the appearance of my acne scars.


Treatment:
This foundation has ActiveSoil, a proprietary ingredient that is also utilized in RareMinerals (a skin treatment that I have also used). Because it containes this treatment, I find it helps to reduce inflamation in my skin (redness, irritation). In just the last 3 day I note that my skin appears more even and smooth. Bare Escentuals claims it reduces the pore diameter and increases cell turnover. I did not find this to be the case with RareMinerals, but perhaps I will notice some changes using the matte foundation.


Would I Reccommend It?
YES! But very dry skin types may find this doesn't work for them.


My Final Thoughts:
I think that many people will continue to use both the original and matte foundations. I am sure that some will use just the matte in the t-zone (or other oily areas) and the original on the jaw line, cheeks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment