March 7, 2011
I'm Beginning Project [X] Pan
I've been away from blogging for several reasons (work, brainstorming for my next blog- which I hope to get up and running by the summer, etc.), but I am back and hope I can keep blogging on a regular basis because it is something I truly miss.
I have purchased a ton of higher-end makeup/ brushes/ skin care in the last 6 months and decided that once I was able to get the Urban Decay Naked Palette, I would begin a Project [X] Pan. I found the Urban Decay Naked Palette in stock last night on Urban Decay's website. As I write this, I have confirmed the site has already sold out (unfortunately!).
I am calling this a "Project [X] Pan" because I am not actually sure how many products I can finish. When I think about getting to the bottom of a blush or eyeshadow pan, it seems impossible... I decided to start with products I just want to get out of my vanity drawers, although there are more that I should be able to finish in the coming months. I am shooting to finish 10- 20 products, depending on how things go.
I put the ones I want to "work on" in this tray so I can remind myself to use them every day:
I am certain I can get through several lip products, so I feel like that will get me off to a good start!
Other food for thought:
1) I am sort of over buying makeup online and in the drugstore. I really got into trying inexpensive makeup (ELF, NYX) in 2009, but as 2010 ended, I felt like I had a ton of cheap makeup that was collecting dust. I went through my stash and tossed a lot and reorganized other items I thought were worth keeping. In the last 6 months I've been getting back into high end products.
2) Hopefully I'll be getting this camera soon, and provided that I learn a bit more about photography, I hope I should soon be posting better quality pictures.
3) I've been considering video-making for my YouTube channel (I deleted all of my videos), but for some reason I just haven't taken the plunge. I have recorded and edited countless "test" videos to A/B lighting and camera settings, but I just haven't wanted to put myself out there yet.
4) I am in my 4th week testing Rapid Lash, and so far, I haven't seen a huge difference. I plan on posting a full review in the next few weeks, with before and after pictures.
5) I am so ready for Spring and Summer! I can't wait to be rid of these gloomy days!
Hope you all are well :)