October 23, 2009

On- Trend Runway Vampy Red Lips


*Disclaimer- lips are darker in person! The camera flash has altered the color a bit. Also- application was pretty sloppy! I simply applied this over my existing makeup with no prep. You'll get a more seamless result with proper preparation. See what I have to say about recreating the whole look, and if requested I'll do this properly!)

Out of boredom, I decided to put on these deep red lips late last night! I was inspired by this Smashbox Video I saw a few months ago. I wanted to recreate the lips using less expensive products. Actually, I think it would be cool to do a whole face inspired by this look with cheaper products!

I used the following NYX products:
Burgundy lip liner around my mouth, and a little filled into the lips.
Dark Brown Lip liner outside of the Burgundy liner (because I lined outside my lips! ooohh!)
Black Label Lipstick in Black Cherry
Lip Gloss with Megashine in Orchid.

NYX Cost:
NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Burgindy and Dark Brown, $6 ($3 each)
NYX Black Label Lipstick in Black Cherry, $7
NYX Lip Gloss with Mega Shine in Orchid, $5
Total Lip Cost: $18 (and you can subtract $3 if you are staying inside the lip line and using only one liner!)

Smashbox Cost:
Smashbox Lip Pencil in Dark, $16
Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in Marvelous, $22
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Sultry, $18
Total Lip Cost: $56

Bonus! I also used Black Cherry as a cheek stain, just as the Smashbox MA, Lori Laylor, used Marvelous as a cream blusher.

Let me know if you like this- maybe I will do the entire face!


1 comment:

  1. That's gorgeous! I love how you're showing us cheaper options for the products!

    ReplyDelete